- Course outline has been updated. See “MAED 6161 Download”.
- Link for “Blackboard” for submission of Writing assignments (go to Discussion Board): blackboard.cuhk.edu.hk
We will spend this class in M1 computer lab at Ho Tim Building (Floor “M”)
Week 11 (please note date change for class meeting – November 13):
- Guest lecture by Dr. Nathalie Sinclair. Meet at Room B5, Ho Tim Building, CUHK.
- Attendance is mandatory; if absence, a make-up assignment will be given.
- More details of guest lecture and speaker bio
Week 12: Remaining ‘noticing’ presentations
- Interim reflection grades will be distributed today (hard copy)
- Course evaluation will take place at 7pm (I need at least 5 students to be present!)
- Remaining ‘noticing’ presentations will take place (Yan Yan, Pak Hin, Ka Lok and Vesta)
- Some clarifications on Reflection Assignment: You need to complete 4 in total; Reflection 2 and 3 should be on “Noticing”, and you only need to choose one from 4a and 4b.
Week 13: No class; all 4 reflections due (reflection grades will be distributed via email as soon as they are received)
Week 14: Poster presentations
The format of the poster presentations next week is as follows:
- The presentations will take on a “road show” format so that we can share, learn and interact comfortably. Each student will prepare material to be posted on a large colourful poster provided by me at 6:30pm in class. Preparation time will be given from 6:30pm to 7pm.
- The poster will fit 5 pieces of A4 papers (3 portrait and 2 landscape, see picture); be sure to enlarge the font size so that the text can be read at a distance. See some poster examples
- The presenter should bring their pilot study instruments (survey questions, interview questions, etc) to showcase what they have done for their research.
- The students in class will be broken into 2 groups. Group 1 will put up their posters in different parts of the room from 7pm to 7:40pm; Group 2 from 7:45pm to 8:25pm. The students who are not presenting during a given time slot will walk around freely to interact with the presenter like a “road show”.
- Class will be dismissed at 8:30pm.
The poster presentation is a requirement for the course; all students will treat it as an important part of the course. Passing grade will not be given if the student does not complete a presentation. Therefore, students who are absent during Week 13 will have to make up the work using PowerPoints, and I will share their slides with everyone on my website.
Announcements for Term Paper:
- Final paper is due on Dec 16 at 11:59pm (extensions can be given upon written request). Veriguide report should be attached in the email if you wish to submit the assignment electronically, along with a PDF file of the paper. Otherwise, they will not be graded!