- Understand the concept and the properties of arithmetic sequences
- Understand the general term of an arithmetic sequence
- Understand the concept and the properties of geometric sequences
- Understand the general term of a geometric sequence
Inquiry-based learning activity and artefacts to be created during task
Students have to create an Arithmetic Sequence/ a Geometric Sequence generator with 3 bulbs, lighting up with respect to the current number of iteration.
How computational thinking is involved in the task
- Students will learn that a non-zero remainder in a division can be used by computer to determine whether a certain number belongs to the arithmetic sequence.
- Students will create a new numerical variable to be the counter to indicate the current number of iteration.